Friday 10 January 2020

Gate shaped card with flowers

Happy Friday morning to you!

I’m posting a card that I made yesterday, using the free 
Modern Anemone stamps and dies from the ‘Simply cards &
 paper craft’ magazine, issue #200, along with Altenew’s
 alcohol pens & another free Altnew sentiment stamp from a precious Simply cards mag.

I started off stamping out all the flower and leaves, using the
 outline stamp with Altenew’s Obsidian pigment ink & I decided
 to colour in the flowers, rather than stamp the inner part ofthe flowers, with the colours 
Y204, R403, R601 & G702. 


 I had an idea to create some kind
 of garden gate & having the flowers growing up and over 
different parts of the card & highlighting a sentiment. I used
 Altenew’s pens Y911 & Y932 to create a wood panel effect for
the ‘gate’ & for the sentiment, I used Hero Arts gold 
embossing powder. I used the embossing powder on the flower
 stamens and scattered dashes along the wood effect on the card.






I enjoyed making this card and would like to enter it into the 
following challenge{s}



The flower challenge #40 - shaped cards


That's all for now.  Enjoy your upcoming weekend!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card here Mandy!I love the clever shape and the gorgeous flowers too.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge'.I relinked your card as it wasn't showing btw.;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Viv! The linky thing was giving my issues lol glad you sorted it 😘

      Delete
  2. This is brilliant and so eye-catching in the Gallery!! Such a wonderful idea for a shaped card, love the idea of the gate covered in flowers (something I would love in my own garden....)and the colours are gorgeous. Its a stunning design and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you entered this in the challenge as it really is a stunning creation Mandy. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete